North Carolina's Sampson County

North Carolina's Sampson County

Tags: sampson, sampson county, north, department, carolina, north carolina, sampsonnc, transportation, 28328, 592

More on this page

In case of emergencies after normal operating hours, and on holidays and weekends, customers can call (910) 592-1151 for assistance. top
Sampson County Public Works has three service divisions: Water Operations, Buildings and Grounds, and Road Sign Maintenance. The functions of the department are to maintain all county buildings and grounds, ...


Address 827 Southeast Blvd Clinton North Carolina 28328

Transportation Department
Transportation Department
Renew drivers licenses and vehicle registration online for Sampson County, NC. Order a copy of your driving record.
Sampson County Public Works
827 Southeast Blvd
Post Office Box 257
Clinton, NC 28328
Phone: (910) 592-0188
Fax: (910) 592-7242

Instant Search Public Records

Preview of Public Records Resource

In case of emergencies after normal operating hours, and on holidays and weekends, customers can call (910) 592-1151 for assistance. top

... Public Works Director:.Address:.Mailing Address:.Telephone:.Facsimile:. ...


... North Carolina's Sampson County.mmLoadMenus();.ABOUT THE COUNTY.DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES.EMPLOYEE INFO. PUBLIC INFO. WELCOME TO YOUR COUNTY.Select an Option.Agendas and Minutes.Pay Taxes Online!.Telephone Directory.General Government.Educatio ...

Transportation Department.Transportation Department.Renew drivers licenses and vehicle registration online for Sampson County, NC. Order a copy of your driving record.Sampson County Public Works.827 Southeast Blvd.Post Office Box 257.Clinto ...

More Details on Public Records Resource

The user shall guarantee proper protection for the District’s property placed on the user’s premises and shall only permit authorized representatives of the District or its representatives to have access to that property.In the event that any loss or damage to the property of the District or any accident or injury to persons or property is caused by or results from the negligence or wrongful act of the user, his agent or employees, the cost of the necessary repairs or replacement shall be paid by the user to the District and any liability otherwise resulting shall be assumed by the user. The amount of such loss or damage or the cost of repairs shall be added to the user’s bill and, if not paid, service may be discontinued by the District. Under abnormal conditions, the consumer will be notified of any extended interruptions of service.User/Consumer’s Responsibilities.Piping on the user’s premises must be so arranged that the connections are conveniently located with respect to the District’s supply lines.If the user’s piping on the user’s premises is so arranged that the District is called upon to provide additional meters, each place of metering will be considered as a separate and individual account and will be charged as such. Where metering is placed on the premises of a user, a suitable location shall be provided by the user for placing such meter that is unobstructed and accessible at all times to a meter reader.The user shall furnish and maintain a private cutoff valve on the user’s side of the meter; the District shall provide and furnish a like valve on the District’s side of the meter.The user’s piping and apparatuses shall be installed and maintained at the user’s expense in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the District’s rules and regulations and in full compliance with the sanitary regulations of the North Carolina Department of Environment, Health, and Natural Resources.

Sampson County Water District I. Sign Up For Bank Drafts. Several districts and phases.


Low Flow Water Incentives.Sign Up For Bank Drafts.Hours of Operation.The Public Works Office hours of operation are between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. In case of emergencies after normal operating hours, and on holidays and weekends, customers can call (910) 592-1151 for assistance.Services.Sampson County Public Works has three service divisions: Water Operations, Buildings and Grounds, and Road Sign Maintenance. The functions of the department are to maintain all county buildings and grounds, the erection and maintenance of all county and private road signs, and the operation of the county’s two water districts. Wordwright Web. North Carolina's Sampson County.mmLoadMenus();.ABOUT THE COUNTY.DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES.EMPLOYEE INFO. PUBLIC INFO. WELCOME TO YOUR COUNTY.Select an Option.Agendas and Minutes.Pay Taxes Online!.Telephone Directory.General Government.Education.Economic Development.Health/Human Services.Rec/Cultural Resources.Public Safety.Property Related Services.Environmental Services.Utility Payments.DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES.DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES.PROPERTY RELATED SERVICES.PUBLIC WORKS.SAMPSON COUNTY.PUBLIC WORKS.


Thaw frozen foods in the refrigerator instead of under running water.•.Clean vegetables in a sink or dish tub instead of under running water. Reuse the water to water your plants.Outside the House.•.Water the lawn during early morning when the temperature is lower to reduce the water lost to evaporation. Position sprinklers so that you are only watering the lawn, not the sidewalk or street. Water your lawn only when necessary.•.Choose plants and shrubs carefully to match your locality. Poorly chosen varieties require more water and fertilizer just to stay alive. Choose drought resistant plants, and mulch to retain moisture. •.Repair leaks in toilets and faucets. A leaky faucet can waste as much as 20 gallons a day, a leaky toilet hundreds of gallons.•.Take short showers, not baths. A four-minute shower uses approximately 8 gallons of water, whereas a bath uses about 50-60 gallons. If drawing a bath, don’t run the water without closing the drain first.•.Turn off the faucet while you are shaving or brushing your teeth. You can save three or more gallons by using a glassful of water instead of running the tap while brushing. •.Don’t use the toilet as a trashcan for cigarette butts or tissues. This leads to unnecessary flushing.In the Kitchen.•.When washing dishes by hand, fill up the sink or dish tub instead of running water the entire time. Use your dishwasher only when you have a full load, and use the water saving option if available. (The same goes for your clothes washer, too.).•.Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator for a cool drink instead of running the tap until the water cools.•.

Mailing Address:



Change of Occupancy.Not less than three (3) days notice must be given in person at the County Complex office or in writing to discontinue service for a change in occupancy.The outgoing party shall be responsible for all water consumed up to the time of departure or the time specified for departure, which ever period is longer.Meter Reading, Billing and Collection.Meters will be read and bills rendered monthly on or about the 10th of each month. The District reserves the right to vary the dates or length of period covered, temporarily or permanently as necessary or desirable. High volume pumps shall not be connected to or operated from a fire hydrant or any water main connected to the system unless the District is notified first.Extensions to Mains and Services.Extension of water lines within the District’s service area will be handled as follows:.1. A developer shall submit plans for proposed water line extensions for review and approval by the District, its engineer, and the North Carolina Department of Environment, Health, and Natural Resources.2. Lines will be installed in accordance with the approved plans, paid for by the developer, and then dedicated to the District for ownership, operation and maintenance. Access to Premises.Duly authorized agents of the District shall have access at all reasonable hours to the premises of the user for the purpose of installing or removing District property, inspecting piping, reading or testing meters, or for any other purpose in connection with the District’s service and facilities.Each user shall grant or convey or shall cause to be granted or conveyed to the District a perpetual easement and right-of-way across any property owned or controlled by the user wherever said perpetual easement and right-of-way is necessary for the District water facilities and lines so as to be able to furnish service to the user.



Sampson County Water District II, Phase 4. Sampson County Water District II Phase 2. Sampson County Water District II Phase 3.

Employee info. Departments.

Web Hosting. Public info. Website Design.

Several districts and phases.. Currently complete or under construction are.Sampson County Water District I.Sampson County Water District II Phase 2.. The County will soon be recruiting customers for.Sampson County Water District II Phase 3.Sampson County Water District II, Phase 4.Connection to the water system is strictly voluntary. All districts are governed by the Sampson County Board of Commissioners sitting as the Sampson County Water District Board of Directors. The following rules and regulations apply to all districts currently in operation. BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE.Sampson County Public Works is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all county government owned buildings and grounds. Any questions or concerns regarding the cleanliness or accessibility of a county government owned building should be directed to the Director of Public Works.ROAD SIGN MAINTENANCE.Under the authority and provisions of the North Carolina General Statutes, a county may, by ordinance, name or rename any public or private road within the county and not within a municipality. Sampson County road names are assigned upon recommendation of the Road Naming Committee and approval, following a duly advertised public hearing, of the Sampson County Board of Commissioners. (See 911 Addressing) Once roads are named, appropriate signage is created and erected by the Sampson County Public Works Department. Road name signs are located and erected in the public highway right-of-way with the permission and consent of the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The willful defacing, damaging, knocking down or removing of the road name signs erected and located in the public right-of-way by any person may be considered a misdemeanor (pursuant to NCGS 136-33), and violators may be punishable by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500) or imprisonment for not more than six month, or both in the discretion of the court. The Sampson County Board of Commissioners has enacted a road naming moratorium which remains in effect until March 2004. Under this moratorium, road names may not be changed unless evidence is presented that a mistake was made in the naming of the road, in the form of deeds, plats, maps, etc. Mistakes should be reported to the Public Works Department. Missing or damaged signs should also be reported to Public Works.WATER SYSTEM OPERATIONS.Since the 1980’s the County of Sampson has endeavored to find an economically feasible way to implement a countywide water system to serve the citizens of Sampson County. Knowing that designing and constructing the entire countywide system all in one effort would be a financial burden that would make the project impractical and jeopardize its financial success, the Board of Commissioners opted to complete the project in.

Rate Schedules.Benefited User – a single or multi-family residence or dwelling, school, church or commercial establishment using a standard 5/8" x 3/4" service connection. The benefited user rate is $19.40 flat rate and $4.85 per each 1,000 gallons.Non-benefited User – any user requiring larger than standard service connection. The non-benefited user rate is the same as the benefited user rate at this time.Initial or Minimum Charges.The initial or minimum charge, as provided in the rate schedule, shall be made for each meter installed, regardless of location according to the classification of service. Each meter requires a separate meter reading sheet and each meter reading sheet shall cover a separate and individual account. Application for Service, Connection and Tap On Fees.Users may make application for service in person at the Sampson County Public Works Department, at which time a connection fee of $50 must be paid for those lots at which a meter is currently located. A separate connection fee is required for each meter. The individual in whose name the application for service is made shall be responsible for payment of all bills incurred in connection with the service furnished.If a meter is not currently installed at the lot, then the non-refundable tap on fees are as follows:. Meter Size Cost.5/8" x 3/4" $500.00.1" $600.00.2" and above Cost of Construction.During the construction of each new phase of the countywide water system, the District Board often offers a "discounted" or "reduced" tap on fee recruit new customers. Once the plans and specifications are approved and construction is started, this reduced rate is no longer available. Connection fees are not required during construction phases.The District may reject any application for service not available under a standard rate or that involves excessive service cost, or that may affect the supply of service to other customers or for other good and sufficient reasons, in which case the tap-on fee will be refunded. The District may reject any application for service whenever the applicant is delinquent in payment of bills incurred for service previously supplied at any location. In addition, whenever the owner of the premises has been served water and has not paid for the same, the District shall not be required to render service to any one at said location where water was used until said water bill is paid.

Water Conservation Tips.We encourage our customers to use water wisely. If you don't conserve, you're pouring water, and money, down the drain. Some basic tips:.In the Bathroom.More than three quarters of the water we use indoors is used in the bathroom, so this is a good place to start your water conservation efforts.•.Install water conservation devices such as toilet dams, low flow shower heads and faucet aerators. These devices are relatively inexpensive and easily found at hardware and plumbing supply stores. Each of them reduce water usage between 25 and 50 percent without significantly changing your lifestyle. Building a new house? Consider installing low flow toilets which use 1 to 2 gallons per flush instead of 3 to 5 gallons – a possible water savings of 8,000 to 12,000 gallons per person, per year. 5. Legal procedures.6. At the direction of public authorities.7. Strike, riot, fire, flood, accident or any other unavoidable cause.The District may, in addition to prosecution by law, permanently refuse service to any user who tampers with a meter or other measuring device.Complaints and Adjustments.If the user believes a bill to be in error, the user shall present the claim in person at the District’s office before the bill becomes delinquent.The District will make special meter readings at the request of the user for a fee of $10.00. If such special reading discloses that the meter was over-read, the charge will be reimbursed. Meters will be tested at the request of the user upon payment to the District of $20.00. If the meter is found to over-register beyond 4% of the correct volume, no charge will be made.If the seal of a meter is broken by other than the District’s representative, or if the meter fails to register correctly, or is stopped for any cause, the consumer shall pay an amount estimated from the record of previous bills and/or from other proper data.Water Sources and Quality.Sampson County purchases its water from the municipalities of Clinton, Dunn, Garland, Roseboro and Turkey for resale to its water district customers. The municipalities of Clinton, Garland, Roseboro and Turkey obtain their water supply from groundwater and the City of Dunn withdraws its water from the Cape Fear River. All water is treated by conventional methods before distribution. The Districts routinely monitor for contaminants in its drinking water according to federal and state laws. Water quality reports are prepared annually and are available by request in the Public Works Department.

Public Works Director:

The District does not assume the responsibility of inspecting the user’s piping or apparatuses.The District reserves the right to refuse service unless the user’s lines or piping is installed in such manner as to prevent cross connections or back-flow.The District shall not be liable for damage of any kind whatsoever resulting from water or the use of water on the user’s premises, unless such damage results directly from negligence on the part of the District. The District shall not be responsible for any damage done by or resulting from any defect in the piping, fixtures, or appliances on the negligence of third persons or forces beyond the control of the District resulting in any interruption of service. Where service is furnished to a user during certain months only, the minimum charge per service connection for the period of non-use shall be the regular minimum as set out in the published rates of the District.Water furnished for a given lot shall be used on that lot only. Each user’s service must be separately metered at single delivery and metering point. Each commercial unit and each storeroom or stall used for business purposes shall have a separate meter. All commercial use, including storerooms and stalls for business purposes, shall be metered separately from any residential use and vice versa, whether now in service or to be installed in the future. District’s Responsibilities and Liabilities.The District shall run a service line from its distribution line to the property line in places where the distribution line runs immediately adjacent and parallel to the property to be served and for which a tap-on fee then in effect for each size of meter will be charged.The District may install its meter at the property line or, at the District’s option, on the user’s property, or in a location mutually agreed upon.When two or more meters are to be installed on the same premises or different users, the meters shall be closely grouped with each clearly designated as to which user it applies.

Service discontinued for nonpayment of bills will be restored only after the user’s water bills are paid in full, and the appropriate reconnection fees are paid. A reconnection fee of $50.00 will be assessed for a reconnection trip. The District reserves the right to discontinue its service without notice for the following additional reasons:.1. To prevent fraud or abuse.2. User’s willful disregard of the District’s rules.3. Emergency repairs.4. Insufficient or inadequate water supply due to circumstances beyond the District’s control. Bills for water service will be determined in accordance with the District’s published rate schedule then in effect and will be based on the amount of water consumed for the period covered by the meter reading.Charge for service commences when a meter is installed and connection is made, whether water is used or not.Readings from different meters will not be combined for billing, irrespective of the fact that said meters may be for the same or different premises, or for the same or different users, or for the same or different services. Bills are due when rendered and will become delinquent on the 21st day of the month, where upon a penalty of 10% of the bill amount will be added. If not paid within 10 days after the due date, service will be discontinued by the District.Failure to receive bills or notices shall not prevent such bills from becoming delinquent or relieve the consumer from payment due.Suspension of Service.Upon discontinuance of service for nonpayment of bills, the District may proceed to collect the balance in the usual way provided by law for the collection of debts.

•.Use a pistol-type sprayer at the end of your garden hose to control the flow of water.Public Works Director:.C. Lee Southeast Blvd.Clinton, North Carolina 28328.Mailing Address:.Post Office Box 257.Clinton, North Carolina 28329.Telephone:.(910) 592-0188.Facsimile:.(910) 592-7242.departments.employee info.public info.Website Design.Web Hosting.Wordwright.Copyright © 2005 Sampson County NC. All rights reserved.

Reviews for Public Records